- 1chiefly British The right of pasturing animals on common land.More example sentences
- Several of his neighbours with rights to commonage beside Michael's land also had turbines erected.
- In February 2001 the Minister for Finance made a declaration to 40 local farmers which acknowledged and established their commonage and grazing rights on the lands.
- In 2001 40 farmers established their commonage and grazing rights on the 426 acres of land.
- 1.1Land held in common.More example sentences
- However, arable land, dwellings and residences were lost, access to commonage denied and development promised by the betterment never materialised.
- It has around 10 acres of land and a half share of 34 acres of commonage.
- This came to a head last week when local farmers were in confrontation with local police concerning a group of horses, which had been grazing on the mountain commonage.
More definitions of commonageDefinition of commonage in:
- The British & World English dictionary