- The simultaneous presence of two chronic diseases or conditions in a patient: the comorbidity of anxiety and depression in Parkinson’s diseaseMore example sentences
- Patients with multiple comorbidities, especially respiratory disease and malignancy, before surgery for hip fracture are at higher risk of mortality
- The lower initial dose should be administered to patients who are frail or have other comorbidities, particularly cardiovascular disease.
- Illicit drug use and medical comorbidities place patients at increased risk of heat-related illness.
More definitions of comorbidityDefinition of comorbidity in:
- The British & World English dictionary