- Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others.More example sentences
- One of the lessons she tried to teach her son is to be compassionate and have a warm heart.
- I still have trouble understanding how you can be too tolerant or too compassionate.
- He is the kindest, most compassionate, humble and gentle soul I have ever met.
- More example sentences
- Champions of individual liberty often believe even more firmly than critics in doing the right thing, including acting generously, compassionately, and helpfully - in the spirit of community.
- In the process, Nicholson actually transforms the unlikable Schmidt into a sympathetic and compassionately tragic character.
- When people have an instinctive belief that a crime will be investigated, prosecuted and punished swiftly, compassionately and impartially, it indicates that their country is or is becoming what we all want a nation to be.