- A plaintiff in certain lawsuits.More example sentences
- Both the complainant and the defendant were in the witness box over two days.
- The jury had every opportunity to assess the credibility of the witnesses, both complainants and appellant.
- The appellant met all three complainants in turn on that beach.
late Middle English: from French complaignant, present participle of complaindre 'to lament' (see complain).
More definitions of complainantDefinition of complainant in:
- The British & World English dictionary