- 1Combining in such a way as to enhance or emphasize the qualities of each other or another: three guitarists playing interlocking, complementary parts Internet technology is actually complementary to traditional technologiesMore example sentences
- As this passage suggests, the argument he is about to undertake is different from, and complementary to, the previous argument concerning the non-contractual aspects of contract.
- Section five deals with various points of view of the religions and how they are supplementary and complementary to each other.
- While discovery and choice compete as the basis of identity, knowledge and choice are essentially complementary to each other.
- 1.1 Biochemistry (Of gene sequences, nucleotides, etc.) related by the rules of base pairing.More example sentences
- By using complementary sequences of DNA molecules that were attached to different nanocrystals, small groupings of gold nanocrystals could be formed.
- The bottom strand of the substrate is the complementary sequence of the top strand.
- Specific genes are then identified and quantified by hybridization to a labelled DNA probe of a complementary sequence.
- 2 [attributive] Of or relating to complementary medicine: complementary therapies such as aromatherapyMore example sentences
- The most popular complementary therapies among participants were Diet, Herbalism, Homeopathy and Aromatherapy.
- Neil is a senior lecturer at two leading complementary therapy colleges and has two busy homeopathic practices.
- For this reason, many people turn to complementary therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture and herbal remedies.
- More example sentences
- All patients were provided with standard tumor-destructive treatment schedules and complementarily treated with sME or Lentinan during chemotherapy according to treatment protocol.
- Second, and somewhat complementarily (though based on an independent set of time budgets), bottom subordinates had lower foraging success when any other dominant was present.
- For this purpose, we employ complementarily the techniques of molecular modeling based on a continuum solvent model and an experimental approach to probe for the HA stability.
- More example sentences
- For example, the first effect of complementariness would have to be isolated between memory and intelligence.
- Jernegan sees both a complementariness and an antagonism in this interaction, as well as a degree of synthesis.
- It is in those intervals that the communion happens, and then you will see the complementariness of the opposites.
Pronunciation: /ˌkämpləˈmentrəlē, -menˈterəlē/adverb