- Colors directly opposite each other in the color spectrum, such as red and green or blue and orange, that when combined in the right proportions, produce white light.More example sentences
- Conversely, complementary colors are diametrically opposite each other on the color wheel, e.g., red and green, and achieve harmony or visual balance based on an equilibrium of opposing forces.
- We discussed how their designs would be created using only one pair of complementary colors (red/green, blue/orange and violet/yellow) and how dynamic these colors looked when paired together.
- Yellow and violet are complementary colors; as are orange and blue, and green and red.
More definitions of complementary colorsDefinition of complementary colors in:
- The British & World English dictionary