Definition of complicate in English:
- There are a number of factors which complicate choices about smallpox either for governments or for individuals.
- The first factor complicating the fight against doping, he said, is the imperfect art of testing.
- One of the factors complicating the adjustment of the Hmong people has been English language acquisition.
- Pregnancy is not an absolute contraindication to travel unless complicated by an unstable medical condition or impending labor.
- Respiratory failure frequently complicates the condition of children who have sustained traumatic injury.
- Women with preterm delivery and pregnancies complicated by hemoglobinopathies, hypertension, or multiple gestation were excluded.
early 17th century (in the sense 'combine, entangle, intertwine'): from Latin complicat- 'folded together', from the verb complicare, from com- 'together' + plicare 'to fold'.
Words that rhyme with complicateovercomplicate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.