Definition of comprehend in English:
1Grasp mentally; understand: he couldn’t comprehend her reasons for marrying Lovat I simply couldn’t comprehend what had happened
More example sentences
- There's something else afoot, something I will never understand or comprehend.
- Still, so much time is spent on trying to rock the boat, in trying to understand and comprehend.
- I understood and comprehended what would take most children years to take in and be able to use.
- Example sentences
- The value of RT as an intervention for poor comprehenders has been documented in many sources.
- Good second-language comprehenders do not read mechanically but utilize top-down processing strategies, even when they demonstrate equal levels of L2 language proficiency as less successful comprehenders.
- Research indicates that skilled comprehenders organize text into phrase-like units.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan