- 1Grasp mentally; understand: he couldn’t comprehend her reasons for marrying Lovat I simply couldn’t comprehend what had happenedMore example sentences
- There's something else afoot, something I will never understand or comprehend.
- Still, so much time is spent on trying to rock the boat, in trying to understand and comprehend.
- I understood and comprehended what would take most children years to take in and be able to use.
- More example sentences
- The value of RT as an intervention for poor comprehenders has been documented in many sources.
- Good second-language comprehenders do not read mechanically but utilize top-down processing strategies, even when they demonstrate equal levels of L2 language proficiency as less successful comprehenders.
- Research indicates that skilled comprehenders organize text into phrase-like units.
Middle English: from Old French comprehender, or Latin comprehendere, from com- 'together' + prehendere 'grasp'.