Definition of concavity in English:
noun (plural concavities)
1The state or quality of being concave.
- ‘Lower’ refers to the side of the test to which the neck curves; Figure 7 provides an example of how length, width, concavity and curvature are measured.
- Scanning electron micrographs of the discs of the tube feet of Odontaster validus revealed varying degrees of concavity.
- It only reflects the consequence of an empirical fact, the degree of concavity of individual utility functions.
1.1A concave surface or thing.
- Varied in circumference and width but uniform in texture, the smooth surfaces of the concavities contrast with the gritty exteriors, which, for the most part, are left untouched.
- The light from above distorts in the concavities formed at the points on which the strider rests.
- The shape of Taormina is a geometry of interlocking and contrapuntal curves and concavities with various centres and focal points.
Words that rhyme with concavitycavity, depravity, gravity
Definition of concavity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.