- Boccherini and Manfredi next went to Spain, where they played in opera performances and concerts.
- The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra gives two concerts in its farewell tour with Mariss Jansons.
- Symphony concerts have fallen off the map of cultured people's consciousness.
- All four of these composers are most famous for writing film music, although they wrote concert music as well.
- On the other hand, the business of assembling a score for a three act ballet from snippets of concert music has limited viability, for all the skill of some of the arrangers.
- He has also written concert music that's spacious and flows without a step being danced to it.
- For him Zionism was a matter of the organic growth of small, secular Jewish communities in harmonious concert with their Arab neighbours.
- In this new era of terror, stability is dependent upon this new concert acting in harmony.
- Tristen's body and mind, forged like fine steel through countless decades of combats real and exercised, worked in harmonic concert.
- The basic units for concerting opinion at the launch of the CoR were the national delegations which, like the ESC Groups, are resourced by the CoR to meet regularly to discuss the Committee's work programme.
- After that several of the city's western sections began to organize for an insurrection, their primary assemblies refusing the Convention's instructions to disband, and concerting defiant denunciations of its ballot-rigging.
- Both Salandra and Sonnino in 1915 and Mussolini in 1940 believed it possible to fight a ‘parallel war’ without concerting strategy with their allies.
late 16th century (in the sense 'unite, cause to agree'): from French concerter, from Italian concertare 'harmonize'. The noun use, dating from the early 17th century (in the sense 'a combination of voices or sounds'), is from French concert, from Italian concerto, from concertare.
- Then, even if this first criterion is satisfied, the United States is required to act in concert with the United Nations.
- But it also makes him sound partisan enough to have forged them in concert with other Democrats.
- The United States can be more effective and most effective when it's working in concert with its allies.
- Now my wife and I can honestly say we've seen The Beatles live in concert.
- Everyone who knows me well knows that I am crazy about them and that my lifetime goal was to see them live in concert.
- And I gave up, without another thought, my only chance to see her live in concert.