- 1The action of stopping someone from being angry; placation: he held his hands up in a gesture of conciliationMore example sentences
- In fact, Chavez's first messages upon returning to power were of conciliation.
- Not surprisingly, such line-drawing tends to discourage rather than promote conciliation.
- From the milieu of the nobility itself there arise preachers of conciliation.
- 1.1The action of mediating between two disputing people or groups: many disputes are settled through conciliation by the official bodyMore example sentences
- The issue has already hit the Australian Industrial Relations Commission where conciliation attempts have failed.
- You could bring also bring an action in a small claims (or conciliation) court.
- Additionally, a pre-trial statement does not need to be filed with the board of viewers prior to the conciliation / hearing.