Definition of condenser in English:
1An apparatus or container for condensing vapor.
- The components were transported to the cryogenically cooled trap, via a condenser, to freeze out excess moisture.
- The heat gathered from the evaporator is expelled through the condenser, where the refrigerant is liquefied in the process.
- Whipping our group past mash tuns and alembic condensers, the guide points us towards the main event, the tasting room.
2A lens or system of lenses for collecting and directing light.
- The microscope condenser collects this light.
- Transmitted laser light was collected by the condenser (Zeiss, oil immersion, NA 1.4).
- The microscope condenser lens and custom lenses relay forward-scattered light to a quadrant photodiode detector mounted above the microscope stage.
3 another term for capacitor.
- The new technologies makes it possible to embed passive components such as condensers into printed circuit boards, such as FR4, thereby achieving miniaturization and cost reductions of circuit boards.
- And the first thing he wanted us to do was to look for electronic components, such as vacuum tubes, resistors or condensers because I think he said something like this is part of a flying saucer.
- Some did, however, and found a weird jumble of ohmmeters, rheostats, condensers, and other parts wired together in an incomprehensible manner.
Definition of condenser in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.