Definition of conductive in English:
1Having the property of conducting something (especially heat or electricity): to induce currents in conductive coils
More example sentences
- The conductive sections work as heat conductive channels between the wiring board and the semiconductor device.
- Under most circumstances, the matter in stars is so highly electrically conductive that magnetic fields can survive for millions or billions of years.
- The recess is filled with an electrically conductive material.
1.1Of or relating to conduction.
- The simulation of conductive hearing impairment by occluding the ear with a finger suggested by Weatherall is the basis of the Bing test.
- Makers of electric components will want to know the dielectric or conductive properties of their thin films.
- In an emergency in the cold, conductive heat loss may be forgotten, with the casualty being well covered with blankets but continuing to lie with nothing between him and the ground.
- Example sentences
- These Laser Diode Arrays are offered on a variety of heat sink package types that are conductively cooled.
- A variation of the fully loaded conductive elastomer is the coextruded version, which features a conductively loaded outer liner over a nonconductive hollow inner core.
- A thin high resistance coating is typically ineffective for EMI shielding purposes and therefore rules out the use of conductively coated plastics, such a polyester.
Definition of conductive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan