Definition of conductive in English:
1Having the property of conducting something (especially heat or electricity): to induce currents in conductive coils
More example sentences
- The conductive sections work as heat conductive channels between the wiring board and the semiconductor device.
- Under most circumstances, the matter in stars is so highly electrically conductive that magnetic fields can survive for millions or billions of years.
- The recess is filled with an electrically conductive material.
1.1Of or relating to conduction.
- The simulation of conductive hearing impairment by occluding the ear with a finger suggested by Weatherall is the basis of the Bing test.
- Makers of electric components will want to know the dielectric or conductive properties of their thin films.
- In an emergency in the cold, conductive heat loss may be forgotten, with the casualty being well covered with blankets but continuing to lie with nothing between him and the ground.
- Example sentences
- These Laser Diode Arrays are offered on a variety of heat sink package types that are conductively cooled.
- A variation of the fully loaded conductive elastomer is the coextruded version, which features a conductively loaded outer liner over a nonconductive hollow inner core.
- A thin high resistance coating is typically ineffective for EMI shielding purposes and therefore rules out the use of conductively coated plastics, such a polyester.
Definition of conductive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.