- A female conductor, especially in a bus or other passenger vehicle.More example sentences
- A neighbour once heard a passenger inform the conductress that there was an unaccompanied dog on the bus.
- It was there that she met world-renowned conductor Zubin Mehta by chance at Florence Opera and then became an assistant conductress to him.
- Eight of the women were employed as conductresses during the war and four more have had previous experience with other companies.
More definitions of conductressDefinition of conductress in:
- The British & World English dictionary