- 1A preparation of preserved fruit.More example sentences
- The framboises confiture were excellent.
- My friend the veal nut was pleased with her lunchtime portion of veal loin, which was dripped with Pinot-wine sauce and a deliciously rich confiture of glazed scallions, olive oil, and Japanese mushrooms.
- The appellation of marmalade is applied to those confitures which are composed of the firmer fruits, as pineapples, or the rinds of oranges; whereas jams are made of the more juicy berries. Fruit pastes are a kind of marmalade.
More definitions of confitureDefinition of confiture in:
- The British & World English dictionary