1Having a common focus or foci: confocal ellipses
More example sentences
- Experimental traces used to compare to model simulations were obtained using a confocal spot detection methodology, described in detail previously.
- Here we present the application of confocal spot detection combined with fluorescence fluctuation analysis.
- In a multicolor confocal setup, optimal alignment is essential to guarantee maximal overlap of all detection volume elements in the different spectral ranges.
1.1Denoting or using a microscope whose imaging system only collects light from a small spot on the specimen, giving greater resolution.
- The boundary could be inspected during the experiment from the transmission image produced by the confocal microscope.
- He explains that once researchers learned how to mark the prion proteins, they added them to a culture of nerve cells and then began watching and taking photo images with a confocal microscope.
- In a confocal microscope, light passes through a pinhole to eliminate photons from outside the image plane.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of confocal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.