Definition of conformation in English:
1The shape or structure of something, especially an animal: the judges run their hands over the dog’s body and legs, checking its conformation
More example sentences
- Following this event it takes some time for the channel conformation to relax back to the original structure or conformation.
- It also improves the carcase conformation and composition, while he also finds the lambs are much cleaner due to the lower worm burden.
- The judges then walked down the row checking the conformation of the horses and getting a closer look at each one.
1.1 Chemistry Any of the spatial arrangements that the atoms in a molecule may adopt and freely convert between, especially by rotation about individual single bonds. Compare with configuration.
- Then, we fix the adsorbed DNA molecules in their conformations thanks to uranyl acetate and we dry the sample using filter paper.
- Amino acid side chains are known to adopt discrete conformations depending on the local protein environment.
- We then estimate the free energies of all dimer conformations in all-atom molecular mechanics simulations with explicit water.
- Example sentences
- In this article, we only study the kinetics involving the conformational changes near the binding interface.
- These functions increased the conformational energy of the system if it deviated from specified parameters.
- In this approach, only energy-minimized conformational substates have been considered.
Definition of conformation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan