Of or like a cone.
- At a zero field condition, the liquid crystal in the droplets was bistable, that is, the liquid crystal can be in either the reflecting planar state or the scattering focal conic state.
- How this connects up to conventional conic orbits is not entirely clear.
- The conic shape of the eight small cyclones around the top of each vacuum creates a dramatic shape, but they are in place to serve a purpose first.
short for conic section. See also conics.
- The book contains a wealth of information concerning the projective geometry of conics and quadrics.
- If all the vertices of a hexagon lie on a conic, and if the opposite sides intersect, then the points of intersection lie on a line.
- In many cases, the result is that the edge of the source is imaged to the edge of the receiver, and the reflector profile that performs the mapping is an off-axis conic.
Late 16th century: from modern Latin conicus, from Greek kōnikos, from kōnos 'cone'.
Words that rhyme with conicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definition of conic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.