noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of mathematics concerned with conic sections.More example sentences
- It is said that from that result Pascal derived all of Apollonius' theorems on conics and more, no fewer than 400 propositions in all.
- The work of both Aristaeus and Euclid on conics was, almost 200 years later, further developed by Apollonius.
- He wrote articles on such diverse topics as twisted cubics, developable surfaces, the theory of conics, the theory of plane curves, third- and fourth-degree surfaces, statics and projective geometry.
More definitions of conicsDefinition of conics in:
- The British & World English dictionary