- Either of a pair of twins who are physically joined at birth, sometimes sharing organs, and sometimes separable by surgery (depending on the degree of fusion).More example sentences
- Every time we hear about medical efforts to separate conjoined twins, especially twins who are joined together in such an intimate way, there is always, it seems, a risk to one of them or to another one of them.
- Joan's mother used to joke around, saying that she never remembered giving birth to conjoined twins.
- The young mother had no idea she had delivered a pair of conjoined twins until a month after the birth.
The term conjoined twin has supplanted Siamese twin in all contexts other than informal conversation.
More definitions of conjoined twinDefinition of conjoined twin in:
- The British & World English dictionary