Combining all or both people or things involved: conjoint family therapy
More example sentences
- They respond to specific treatments including individual psychotherapy, conjoint family therapy, and even pharmacotherapy.
- I would like to hear thoughtful discussions on the nature of relational therapy and avoid limiting the definition of relational therapy to therapy that is conjoint, that is, involving more than one person in the room.
- Although controversy exists about the appropriateness of treating partners conjointly, there are a variety of reasons to recommend conjoint therapy for some couples in violent relationships.
- Example sentences
- In this article we advocate that in cases of low-level violence, when couples choose to remain together, certain aspects of treatment should be offered conjointly.
- Recent research has highlighted the presence of a ‘cognitive unconscious,’ insofar as most cognitive processes - such as forming a sentence - imply nonconscious processes working conjointly with conscious ones.
- As a result, we developed a process of teaching time-out conjointly and helping couples negotiate the parameters of its use, a procedure we came to call negotiated time-out.
Words that rhyme with conjointanoint, appoint, joint, outpoint, point, point-to-point
Definition of conjoint in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.