- A rod connecting two moving parts in a mechanism, especially that between the piston and the crankpin (or equivalent parts) in an engine or pump.More example sentences
- The connecting rod connects the piston to the crankshaft.
- Strengthened with brass bearings, piston pin bosses and connecting rods, small ends have a trapezoidal shape and thus more bearing surface area to absorb combustion forces, a premium engine feature.
- The increased mechanical advantage of the connecting rod mitigates the power loss, but it's a fact of life that power drops off faster at leaner mixtures.
More definitions of connecting rodDefinition of connecting rod in:
- The British & World English dictionary