Definition of conspiracy theory in English:
A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.
- Even at this point there was still a misfit between the diabolical conspiracy theory and the popular conception of witchcraft.
- I don't believe in conspiracy theories, and that's why this is not a conspiracy theory.
- Then he went and ruined a good conspiracy theory, by explaining that it was a note so that two similar reports didn't get confused.
conspiracy theorist noun
- Example sentences
- Conspiracy theorists have suggested darker reasons for his sudden departure: a medical diagnosis, blackmail, hounding by the secret services.
- She is a conspiracy theorist whose political conceits have consistently been proved wrong.
- 34 years ago today man walked on the moon (unless you believe the conspiracy theorists).
Definition of conspiracy theory in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia