Definition of conspiracy theory in English:
A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.
- Even at this point there was still a misfit between the diabolical conspiracy theory and the popular conception of witchcraft.
- I don't believe in conspiracy theories, and that's why this is not a conspiracy theory.
- Then he went and ruined a good conspiracy theory, by explaining that it was a note so that two similar reports didn't get confused.
- 1conspiracy theorist noun
- Example sentences
- You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to question the administration's timing.
- For some conspiracy theorists, the timing of his arrest was almost too perfect.
- She is a conspiracy theorist whose political conceits have consistently been proved wrong.
Definition of conspiracy theory in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.