- 1(Of a person or animal) affected with constipation.More example sentences
- For instance, women often don't take iron pills in pregnancy because they get constipated and assume that this is the effect of the iron.
- This might happen after a very large meal, during pregnancy, if you are constipated, or when you wear tight-waisted clothes or bend forward.
- In a constipated infant, it may be necessary to perform colonic irrigation with limited amounts of sterile saline.
mid 16th century: from Latin constipat- 'crowded or pressed together', from the verb constipare, from con- 'together' + stipare 'press, cram'.
More definitions of constipatedDefinition of constipated in:
- The British & World English dictionary