verb[with object] North American
- Make subject to explicit provisions of a country’s constitution: divorce is not constitutionalizedMore example sentences
- Is, therefore, this aspect of the common law to be constitutionalised beyond the reach of Parliament to alter in any respect?
- They overturn laws passed by legislators, constitutionalize rights not enumerated in the Constitution, even determine the outcome of a presidential election.
- The only real hope of heading off the judicial drive to constitutionalize homosexual marriage is in the adoption of an amendment to the Constitution.
More definitions of constitutionalizeDefinition of constitutionalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary