- A relatively dry climate with very hot summers and very cold winters, characteristic of the central parts of Asia and North America.More example sentences
- The animals became extinct at the end of the ice age because the climate changed to a more continental climate, with colder winters and warmer summers, and drier conditions.
- The inland region has a continental climate with very cold winters, hot, humid summers, and spring and autumn seasons that are often rainy.
- Burgundy enjoys a continental climate with dry, cold winters and hot, sunny summers.
More definitions of continental climateDefinition of continental climate in:
- The British & World English dictionary