- 1(Of a method or device) serving to prevent pregnancy: the contraceptive pillMore example sentences
- Most women who discontinue hormonal contraception do not use another contraceptive method and are therefore at high risk for unintended pregnancy.
- The combined goals of preventing sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy should be considerations when choosing a contraceptive method.
- Access to effective and safe contraceptive methods and sexually transmitted disease protection is a primary medical concern for all sexually active women.
- 1.1Of or relating to contraception: a book popularizing contraceptive knowledgeMore example sentences
- In societies where contraceptive knowledge is poor, abortion is the only means available to women to control their reproduction.
- Evidence for the commission in 1903-04 indicates that there was indeed an increase in contraceptive knowledge and use in the nineteenth century.
- Expanding such knowledge and extending contraceptive access rightly became a focus of working women's organizations in the twenties and thirties.
nounBack to top
- A device or drug serving to prevent pregnancy.More example sentences
- At least if we can educate them about contraceptives and protection the teenage pregnancy rate will fall.
- Hormonal contraceptives have changed many women's relationship to pregnancy by putting the choice in their own hands.
- The most appropriate contraceptives for most young people are likely to be condoms and the contraceptive pill.