verb[with object] (usually be contraindicated) Medicine
(Of a condition or circumstance) suggest or indicate that (a particular technique or drug) should not be used in the case in question.
More example sentences
- The vaccine is contraindicated in pregnant women, children under the age of six years, and immunocompromised patients.
- In these situations oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are contraindicated.
- Immuno deficient people and those for whom vaccine is contraindicated can also be helped.
- More example sentences
- Preoperative haemorrhage and hypotension are contraindications to spinal anaesthesia, and ketamine is used in only severely ill women.
- Some patients choose not to take hormone replacement, or they may have medical contraindications or experience hormonal side effects.
- There are no medical contraindications to insulin therapy.
More definitions of contraindicateDefinition of contraindicate in:
- The British & World English dictionary