Definition of contributor in English:
1A person or thing that contributes something, in particular.
- The region also has a long seafaring history and although other enterprises now prosper in Galicia, the fishing industry is a large employer and economic contributor.
- But at the same time, he says, many will resist the trend, claiming that catering to the market undercuts the academy's role as cultural contributor and watchdog.
- Thanks to the contributors, helpers, and residents for their cooperation, and assistance.
1.1A person who writes articles for a magazine or newspaper.
- She has written 12 books, each concerned with how we create meaning, and is a frequent contributor to newspapers, magazines, television and radio.
- She is the author of more than 30 novels, for adults, young adults and children, and is a regular contributor to newspapers and magazines, both print and online, all over the world.
- A farmer by choice, Kevin has also written a number of books and essays and is a regular contributor to newspapers and magazines in Northern Ireland.
1.2A person who donates money to a cause.
- It will likely cost more than any previous war, with few contributors.
- Many thanks to all contributors for their support.
- These proposals have more to do with rewarding campaign contributors and lobbying patrons than with economic stimulus.
1.3A causal factor in the existence or occurrence of something: stress is a major contributor to most diseases
More example sentences
- Social factors are potent contributors to ill health.
- Those social and demographic factors may be key contributors to potential crises in the future.
- In addition, the book does not put much emphasis on ethnicity and culture as major contributors to disease.