- Indeed, in many respects, it was a significant contributory factor in bringing it to an end.
- His looks are important, a contributory factor to the success that has made him one of Britain's best known television actors and a regular on the chat-show circuit.
- When we talk about speed being a significant contributory factor in accident casualty rates that is exactly what we mean.
- Although less common than 20 years ago many large companies operate a contributory pension fund on behalf of their employees.
- We offer an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical cover.
- In return, the Company offers a competitive salary, a contributory Pension Scheme, life insurance and a company car.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'contributing to a fund'): from medieval Latin contributorius, from Latin contribut- 'added' (see contribution).
Words that rhyme with contributoryretributory, tributary
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of contributory in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.