Definition of controller in English:
1A person or thing that directs or regulates something: the power controller on a subway train
More example sentences
- The fan will still get power from the fan controller; it will just be monitored by both.
- The engine and automatic transmission controllers are combined into a single processor.
- It had been alleged that a particular dealer had behaved fraudulently and the controller duly exercised the power.
1.1A person in charge of an organization’s finances.
- Chief financial officers and controllers are generally thought of as employees of organizations.
- Finally the administrative controllers were to be charged with the annual audit of each set of plant accounts.
- Central bankers are now more the observers of international finance rather than the controllers of it.
- Example sentences
- Taking over the controllership is a huge responsibility but immensely exciting with the bonus of having the chance to develop the channel into a mature digital radio station.
- And while the man, a 10-year banking veteran, had lent to the wireless industry he had no operational experience, no controllership or accounting background, and had never served as a financial officer at any company.
- Under his controllership, the channel has won numerous awards in its two years of existence.
Words that rhyme with controllerAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
Definition of controller in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.