Definition of conure in English:
A Central and South American parakeet that typically has green plumage with patches of other colors.
- Aratinga, Pyrrhura, and other genera, family Psittacidae: numerous species
- The collection of colourful South American macaws and Patagonian conures has been allowed to come and go as they please from their enclosure at the town's South Lakes Wild Animal Park for the past ten years.
- I have a dusky conure, and she is that parakeet's twin.
- A colony of cherry-headed conures lives close to downtown San Francisco.
Mid 19th century: from modern Latin conurus (former genus name), from Greek kōnos 'cone' + oura 'tail'.
Words that rhyme with conureepicure
Definition of conure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.