Definition of convolvulus in English:
noun (plural convolvuluses)
A twining plant with trumpet-shaped flowers, some kinds of which are invasive weeds (see also bindweed), while others, especially morning glories, are cultivated for their bright flowers.
- Genus Convolvulus, family Convolvulaceae
- Some other plants had survived, a small convolvulus, golden lamium and creeping geranium were beginning to sprout so these were potted up but the lining fell to bits when the basket was emptied.
- One is a convolvulus called Goat's Foot Morning Glory, the other is Beach Bean, from the pea family and named for its huge woody seeds.
- In the Autumn, when the convolvulus has taken over suburban Australian gardens, strangling trees, insinuating itself into garden sheds, creeping across garden paths, the very name declares its despised status as a weed.
Definition of convolvulus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan