Definition of coolibah in English:
A northern Australian gum tree that typically grows near watercourses and yields strong, hard timber.
- Eucalyptus microtheca, family Myrtaceae
- And here, in 1875, after floods had forced them to spend days perched in an old coolibah, Frank and his sons had taken up a cattle and horse-breeding station.
- The Dig Tree is a gnarled coolibah that stands in the burnt heart of the outback, beside the warm, green water of Cooper's Creek.
- A message was carved into the bark of a coolibah tree.
Late 19th century: from Kamilaroi (and related languages) gulubaa.
Definition of coolibah in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.