Definition of copilot in English:
A second pilot in an aircraft.
- The government regulator also issued a written warning to the two co-pilots of the charter flight.
- After the second rattling, the co-pilot can be heard asking for maximum power, Black said.
- On February 15, pilots and co-pilots voted 97.5 percent in favour of holding strike action in pursuit of their pay claim.
verb[with object] Back to top
Act as the copilot of (an aircraft).
- In 1986, his brother Dick co-piloted an aircraft called Voyager on the first nonstop flight around the world.
- Early in the morning on Dec.13, 1968, 1st Lt. Joseph P. Fanning was co-piloting a C - 123 Provider making a ‘Candlestick Run’ over Laos.
- The performance, which involved him co-piloting a fighter plane and striding around the deck of an aircraft carrier wearing a military flight suit, reportedly cost around $1million and delayed the return of the ship.
Words that rhyme with copilotgyropilot • autopilot
Definition of copilot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.