1A person who makes things out of copper.
- The cloth-bound compilation shows turners, coppersmiths, tinsmiths, gun fitters, engine fitters and radio mechanics hard at work, including a large number of women training as fitters, turners and welders.
- For economic and technical reasons, the alloys used by coppersmiths, brassfounders, braziers, blacksmiths and pewterers have varied over time, and a knowledge of the alloys can provide definitive answers.
- Even in his monumental riveted copper sculptures, one finds the subtle influence of the coppersmith / icon maker inadvertently creeping into his technique.
2 (also coppersmith barbet) The crimson-breasted barbet of Southeast Asia, which has a red breast band, a streaked belly, and a repetitive metallic call.
- Megalaima haemacephala, family Capitonidae
- Even if you live more to the western side of the city, just look out your window at an avenue tree, and you might spot a coppersmith barbet, or a night heron, apart from other species.
- Large trees attract the familiar ‘kuil’ and coppersmith barbet, apart from wagtails.
- Look at the coppersmith, or the crimson breasted barbet.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of coppersmith in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.