noun(also coracoid process) Anatomy
- A short projection from the shoulder blade in mammals, to which part of the biceps is attached.More example sentences
- On the lateral side of the superior border is a thick projection for muscle attachment, called the coracoid process.
- The coracoid process may exist as a separate bone.
- Associated fractures of the coracoid process or the lateral one third of the clavicle may occur, necessitating an orthopedic referral.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin coracoides, from Greek korakoeidēs 'ravenlike', from korax 'raven' (because of the resemblance to a raven's beak).
More definitions of coracoidDefinition of coracoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary