A widely distributed fungus that produces a fruiting body composed of upright branching fingerlike projections that resemble coral, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Clavulina, Ramaria, and other genera, several families, class Basidiomycetes
More example sentences
- This ghostly white specimen is Clavaria fragilis, a coral fungus - so named for its resemblance to the skeletons of undersea creatures.
- The delicate, fragile nature of the coral fungus is the easiest way to distinguish it from a jelly fungus.
- Some of them used to be collected and consumed in the past: cauliflower fungus, toothed coral fungus and morels.
Definition of coral fungus in:
- The British & World English dictionary