(also coral spot disease)
Definition of coral spot in English:
A common fungal disease of trees and shrubs, appearing as numerous minute pink or dark red cushionlike bodies on the twigs and branches and causing dieback.
- Nectria cinnabarina, family Hypocreaceae, phylum Ascomycota
- Seed collection from this tree is a struggle as the fungal disease black coral spot destroys many of the seeds.
- The cause is coral spot disease which affects many species of woody plants, although it is rare on conifers.
- This is coral spot, a fungus which mainly attacks dead parts of woody plants, but may spread to live wood if not pruned out.
Definition of coral spot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan