Definition of coral tree in English:
A tropical or subtropical thorny shrub or tree with showy red or orange flowers that are pollinated by birds.
- Genus Erythrina, family Leguminosae
- You'll be here at the start of spring and you'll see several trees in bloom - the striking orange blossoms of the coral tree, and white blooms of the wild pear tree.
- Companion plants that look good with the dwarf coral tree include Helichrysum cymosum, buchu, crocosmia and the blombos.
- It is fireman's cap or coral tree, Erythrina crista-galli, a small tree/large shrub that matures to approximately 20 feet in height.
Definition of coral tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.