noun(also coralroot orchid)
- 1A leafless orchid that has inconspicuous flowers and lacks chlorophyll. It has a pale knobbly rhizome that obtains nourishment from decaying organic matter.
More example sentences
- Genus Corallorhiza, family Orchidaceae: several species, including the widespread C. trifida
- An unexpected display of coralroot orchid near the trailhead was just the first of many stops along the way.
- In June, berries are ripe and we will look for the coralroot orchids under the oak trees.
- The Navajo made a tea of spotted coralroot used as a lotion for ringworm or skin disease.
- 1.1 another term for cockscomb ( sense 3).
More definitions of coralrootDefinition of coralroot in:
- The British & World English dictionary