noun (plural corbiculae /-yəlē, -yəˌlī/)Entomology
- another term for pollen basket.More example sentences
- The presence or absence of the corbiculae is a good way to determine the genus of female specimens.
- She's loading pollen onto her corbiculae, hair-rimmed, basket-like structures on her back legs that hold the bright grains for transport to her colony.
- She also has the ability to carry 2,000 to 3,000 pollen grains in her corbiculae.
early 19th century: from late Latin.
More definitions of corbiculaDefinition of corbicula in:
- The British & World English dictionary