- A smokeless explosive made from nitrocellulose, nitroglycerine, and petroleum jelly, used in ammunition.More example sentences
- In the munitions factories, great care was needed not to cause any sparks while making cordite using nitroglycerin - and the workers also needed to be sober.
- Sobrero's substance also found use as a key ingredient in two smokeless powders, ballistic and cordite, from which all modern bullets derive their construction.
- He also coinvented the explosive powder cordite and even worked in collaboration with legendary chemist Pierre Curie.
More definitions of corditeDefinition of cordite in:
- The British & World English dictionary