Definition of cordless in English:
(Of an electrical appliance or telephone) working without connection to a main supply or central unit.
- It's not the prettiest phone in the world but my main desire was a cordless phone with an answerphone and speed-dial and this was the cheapest one of those.
- As with any cordless phone, you can use the handset to make and receive calls over your regular home line.
- The system according to the invention can be used in cordless telephones.
noun(usually the cordless) Back to top
A cordless telephone: I keep the cordless with me at all times
More example sentences
- I didn't need to run out of my room to get the cordless because I knew my mom would answer it.
- As I listened carefully to the message I scanned the room for the cordless.
- I get the cordless from the living room and dial the number I found.
Definition of cordless in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia