Definition of corella in English:
A white Australasian cockatoo with some pink feathers on the face, bare blue skin around the eye, and typically a long bill.
- Genus Cacatua, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae): three species, in particular the widespreadlittle corella (C. sanguinea)
- At this particular waterhole we've got a lot of galahs and corellas around and storms like this kick into life the ecosystems out here.
- But I thought western corellas would be easy, and western wattlebirds are classified as common.
- Overhead, meanwhile, a wedge-tailed eagle hovers on the breeze and a posse of corellas flee in a flurry from tree to tree, their bar-room squawk amplified by the walls of the Gorge.
Late 19th century: from Wiradhuri.
Words that rhyme with corellaa cappella, Arabella, Bella, bestseller, Capella, cellar, Cinderella, citronella, Clarabella, Daniela, Della, dispeller, dweller, Ella, expeller, favela, fella, fellah, feller, Fenella, Floella, foreteller, Heller, impeller, interstellar, Keller, Louella, Mandela, mortadella, mozzarella, Nigella, novella, paella, panatella, patella, predella, propeller, queller, quinella, repeller, rosella, rubella, salmonella, Santiago de Compostela, seller, smeller, speller, Stella, stellar, tarantella, teller, umbrella, Viyella
Definition of corella in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.