Definition of corn salad in English:
A small blue-flowered herbaceous plant of dry soils, native to Europe and the Mediterranean. Widely cultivated in North America, its narrow leaves are used in salad. Also called lamb's lettuce, mache.
- Valerianella locusta, family Valerianaceae
- Place a 2-inch tall ring mold around the cake; fill with a portion of corn salad and place two wax beans over the corn salad.
- Toss the corn salad with fresh lime juice, and garnish it with radish slices.
- Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.
Definition of corn salad in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.