Definition of corn salad in English:
A small blue-flowered herbaceous plant of dry soils, native to Europe and the Mediterranean. Widely cultivated in North America, its narrow leaves are used in salad. Also called lamb's lettuce, mache.
- Valerianella locusta, family Valerianaceae
- Place a 2-inch tall ring mold around the cake; fill with a portion of corn salad and place two wax beans over the corn salad.
- Toss the corn salad with fresh lime juice, and garnish it with radish slices.
- Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.
Definition of corn salad in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan