A long North American rat snake with a spear-shaped mark between the eyes.
- Elaphe guttata, family Colubridae
More example sentences
- On the way to the second level the stairs are lined with some excellent live displays; a huge green iguana, some very curious and playful red-cheeked turtles and, for snake lovers, an American corn snake and a reticulated python.
- At the San Diego Zoo a two-headed corn snake named Thelma and Louise produced 15 normal offspring before it died.
- The couple rang the RSPCA and one of its officers identified the reptile as a corn snake which, although not poisonous, could have inflicted a nasty bite. She then took it away to be rehomed.
late 17th century: so named because often found in cornfields.
Definition of corn snake in:
- The British & World English dictionary