Definition of corn snake in English:
A long North American rat snake with a spear-shaped mark between the eyes.
- Elaphe guttata, family Colubridae
- On the way to the second level the stairs are lined with some excellent live displays; a huge green iguana, some very curious and playful red-cheeked turtles and, for snake lovers, an American corn snake and a reticulated python.
- At the San Diego Zoo a two-headed corn snake named Thelma and Louise produced 15 normal offspring before it died.
- The couple rang the RSPCA and one of its officers identified the reptile as a corn snake which, although not poisonous, could have inflicted a nasty bite. She then took it away to be rehomed.
late 17th century: so named because often found in cornfields.
Definition of corn snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan