A dogwood, especially of a dwarf variety.
- Genus Cornus, family Cornaceae: several species, including the dwarf C. suecica
More example sentences
- The best fruit of any Old World species is that of Cornus mas, commonly called cornel or cornelian cherry.
- The survakane - a decorated branch from a cornel tree - is another tradition of well-wishing.
- The cornel tree is a symbol of health, prosperity and power on Vassil Day.
late Middle English (denoting the wood of the cornelian cherry): from Old French corneille, from Latin cornus.
Definition of cornel in:
- The British & World English dictionary