Definition of cornel in English:
A dogwood, especially of a dwarf variety.
- Genus Cornus, family Cornaceae: several species, including the dwarf C. suecica
- The best fruit of any Old World species is that of Cornus mas, commonly called cornel or cornelian cherry.
- The survakane - a decorated branch from a cornel tree - is another tradition of well-wishing.
- The cornel tree is a symbol of health, prosperity and power on Vassil Day.
Words that rhyme with cornelnounal
Definition of cornel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.