Definition of coronary in English:
1Relating to or denoting the arteries that surround and supply the heart.
- The cause of coronary heart disease is a narrowing of the arteries that supply the heart with blood.
- The drug was most commonly prescribed to treat coronary artery disease and following coronary stent placement.
- Tests show that he has severe coronary artery disease and needs coronary by-pass surgery.
noun (plural coronaries)Back to top
short for coronary thrombosis.
- On a mass scale there never was a need for aspirin to prevent coronaries in people who had never had a heart attack.
- Many had high blood pressure with the risk of coronaries and there were a lot of ulcers.
- Nonetheless, the parents in the town were close to having coronaries and kept a close watch on their children, also enforcing an early curfew.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'resembling a crown'): from Latin coronarius, from corona 'wreath, crown'.
Definition of coronary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan