Definition of coronoid in English:
Relating to or denoting a hooked projection of bone. See coronoid process.
- Superior to the trochlea is another anterior depression called the coronoid fossa which receives part of the ulna when flexed.
- The anterior compartment is thoroughly evaluated for loose bodies; evidence of chondral damage to the coronoid process, capitellum, or radial head; or osteophyte formation in the coronoid fossa.
- On one specimen tiny coronoid teeth are shown in medial view.
noun(also coronoid bone) Zoology Back to top
A slender bone forming part of the lower jaw in primitive vertebrates.
- These striations indicate where the dentary was overlapped medially by the coronoids.
- All three coronoids are dentigerous.
- The dentary narrows posterior to the coronoid, and forms a short but robust condylar process that terminates in a large, broad condyle.
Definition of coronoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan